Udwarthanam is a therapeutic massage that also helps in weight loss
Udwarthanam is one of the most sought after Ayurvedic weight loss treatments. This is a unique deep tissue massage that uses herbal powder from a mixture of herbs. In this process, the body can be coated with vegetable oils, and then the plant powder called Choornams is rubbed vigorously on the body upwards. Udwarthanam is performed by the experienced Ayurveda Therapist Konstantinos Vaitsaras. Massage techniques are performed in seven positions with the application of appropriate pressure so as to break down the fat under the skin. The herbal powder is used, and the massage is done for about 15-45 minutes. This is completed with complete rest for half an hour, followed by steam and bath optional.
By creating heat through the massage, this treatment melts the excess fat that accumulates in the body. Improves blood circulation, rejuvenates the body and improves skin texture. Some skin conditions can be treated with Udwarthanam.
There are many benefits to Udwarthanam. Some of them are listed below:
- Useful for the calmness of Kapha dosha
- Reduces excess fat that builds up on the skin
- It strengthens muscles by stimulating and exfoliating dead skin cells.
- It improves blood circulation, which leads to a reduction in cholesterol and helps to achieve a normal metabolic rate.
- The joints become more flexible
- Eliminates body odor
- It is also beneficial for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis
However, Udwarthanam should be avoided in the following cases:
- Dry skin and skin with cuts and other injuries.
- People with eczema
- Pregnant and children under 10 years